With the 1st of December having been and gone and with a sea of advent calenders now minus one window. There’s no denying it any longer, It’s Christmas folks!
And sure what screams Christmas more than home baked biscuits. Plus your kitchen will smell absolutely delicious afterward. Trust me!
Here’s a list of everything you’re going to need to get baking those festive bickies.
~ 250g of softened butter.
~ 140g caster sugar.
~ 1 egg yolk.
~ 2 tsp vanilla extract.
~ 300g plain flour.
~ 50g porridge oats.
~ 1 tsp ground nutmeg.
~ 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
▪ First up we’re going to mix both the butter & sugar together with a wooden spoon, you could also kneed it with your fingers, just whatever you find easier.
▪ Next add in your egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix mix mix until your wee arms can mix no more.
▪ When that’s done add in your flour, porridge oats, nutmeg and cinnamon and yep, you guessed it get mixing again until it’s all combined.
▪ Throw your wooden spoon into the sink, push up your sleeves and get your hands into the mixture and start kneeding.
▪ Sprinkle your worktop with some flour, roll out your mix and start cutting your biscuits, then onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper they go.
▪ Have your oven preheated to 180 degrees whilst baking then once they go in drop it to down to160 degrees for 12-15minutes.
When they’re baked through let them cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. I sprinkled mine with some edible glitter for the added fairy effects.
Do let me know if you try these out and remember you can add whatever flavourings you like.
I love vanilla, nutmeg & cinnamon so that’s why I included these in recipe. But feel free to play around.
~LoVe, HuGs & CoOkiE CrUmBS ~