I’ve been playing about with the ingredients in the cupboards this week & I’ve found a winning & tasty combo.
Here’s what you’ll need ……
◾ 2 turkey steaks, diced into small pieces & any fat removed.
◾ 1 tin of peeled plum tomatoes.
◾ 1 tin of Mexican bean mix.
◾ 1 small tin of marrowfat peas.
◾ 1 small tin of chick peas.
◾ Chilli powder, garlic flakes, mixed herbs, salt & pepper to flavour.
I also added a chicken stock cube & also a little squeeze of tomato puree to help thicken the sauce up.
Put everything into your dish & cook for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
20 minutes in give it a stir & remove the lid for last 10 minutes.
Serve it up with whatever takes your fancy, tonight we opted for brown rice.
Sit back and enjoy! 👌
Tonight was a first for me, I went to a yoga class. I’ve always been curious so I bit the bullet & went & I’m so glad I did.
Wow! I’d no idea humans could bend like that. It was really awesome, starting with slow deep breathes & meditation to full body stretches like a cat to core strength moves & balancing. It was a really chilled atmosphere, lovely people & the teacher was great. So as soon as I got home I got to researching & let me tellya the benefits of yoga are plenty.
Here are just a handful:
* If you have poor/ average posture it’ll begin to fix itself overtime.
* Your strength, flexibility & endurance will increase.
* Arm & shoulder strength is multiplied from using your own body weight for resistance.
* Lats & other back muscles will begin to support the spine better than before.
* With the deep breathing & meditation that’s involved you’ll feel relieved from stress & mental clutter.
* Protects your spine. Between forward bends, backbends & all the twists involved this will help keep the discs in your spine supple.
* Makes you happier. Tonight I found it hard to to do many of the poses but I was thrilled to bits for trying plus I can only improve. Doing things you enjoy boosts your serotonin levels & makes you feel good, so get out there & do them!
Like I said, these are only a few of the benefits of yoga, why not try it yourself & see if you notice any others. Honestly clear your head from any preconceived ideas you have of it & just go, you’ll be glad you did.
Thanks so much for reading!
~LoVe & huGs~
I wanted to talk about food shopping & food portions today. I’ve taken a notion recently to watch what I eat, or moreso how much of what I eat.
I bought a digital food scale in Lidl last week & began my mission to weigh my meals. I was mortified at how much I’d been piling on my plate & scraping into the bin. Basically I was piling on weight & throwing money away.
I went food shopping today & had blinkers on to sweeties, chocolate & crisps. I was intent on buying essentials to cook proper meals with.
Like the soup mix in the bottom corner of the above photo was £1 & I’ll get maybe 4 bowls from it.
There’s 4 other options. I’ll be a soup making queen in no time.
When I used to buy a bag of frozen chips I’d shake a random amount of them onto a tray & into the oven they’d go, then into the bin the ones I didn’t eat went. So this time round with my trusty scales I’m weighing out what I should be eating.
I bought sandwich bags & got busy weighing & filing up the freezer. I won’t feel bad about having chips now seeing as I’ll be having a normal portion & not weighing them out with my eyes like I used to.
I’m going to make a massive effort not to buy things I really don’t need & check how I’ve done in a month. Hopefully I’ll be richer, lighter & healthier.
Thanks so much reading.
~ LoVe & huGs ~