Tonight was a first for me, I went to a yoga class. I’ve always been curious so I bit the bullet & went & I’m so glad I did.
Wow! I’d no idea humans could bend like that. It was really awesome, starting with slow deep breathes & meditation to full body stretches like a cat to core strength moves & balancing. It was a really chilled atmosphere, lovely people & the teacher was great. So as soon as I got home I got to researching & let me tellya the benefits of yoga are plenty.
Here are just a handful:
* If you have poor/ average posture it’ll begin to fix itself overtime.
* Your strength, flexibility & endurance will increase.
* Arm & shoulder strength is multiplied from using your own body weight for resistance.
* Lats & other back muscles will begin to support the spine better than before.
* With the deep breathing & meditation that’s involved you’ll feel relieved from stress & mental clutter.
* Protects your spine. Between forward bends, backbends & all the twists involved this will help keep the discs in your spine supple.
* Makes you happier. Tonight I found it hard to to do many of the poses but I was thrilled to bits for trying plus I can only improve. Doing things you enjoy boosts your serotonin levels & makes you feel good, so get out there & do them!
Like I said, these are only a few of the benefits of yoga, why not try it yourself & see if you notice any others. Honestly clear your head from any preconceived ideas you have of it & just go, you’ll be glad you did.
Thanks so much for reading!
~LoVe & huGs~